Advantages of Dental implants
A dental implant is a surgical component that connects the bone of the jaw to bridge dental prosthesis such as a bridge, crown, denture, facial prosthesis or to act as an orthodontic anchor. Implantation is based on the modern process of osseointegration in which titanium like materials forms intimate bone to bone. Implants feel more organic and safe often more than another method of teeth replacement such as dentures.
What are the advantages of Dental Implants?
- With the loss of teeth, one starts to lose their self-confidence. Often one gets shy to speak in public or laugh heartily so as to prevent people from noticing their flaws. Presence of a complete set of teeth boosts one's confidence level.
- With the loss of teeth, the area of the jaws be that held the now missing teeth, begins to degenerate and slowly dissolves. Implants help to keep the jawbone intact and also maintains the shape of it.
- The loss of teeth affects ones chewing abilities. Because blending, pureeing, juicing food always becomes difficult, change in eating habits take place whereby one avoids such chewy food in turn affecting the nutritional balance of the person.
- Changes in your bite can lead to problems with your jaw joint, called the temporomandibular joint. Implants help you to enjoy your favorite food without any pain.
- Missing tooth causes problems in speech. Getting dental implants are more convenient because then you will not need to worry about denture adhesives or having your dentures slip or fall out when you speak.
Implants make you feel comfortable and secure because implants are embedded in your bone, they feel more like your natural teeth than dentures.
- Implants are permanent unlike dentures and they save the embarrassing inconvenience of removing the dentures as well as the need for adhesives to keep them in place.
Implants are durable and can last a lifetime if taken proper care.
Before you get implants, it is necessary to get checked by the doctor who shall permit the surgery only if the patient has a good oral health. In case of poor oral health, the doctor's will first concentrate on them to cure them before the surgery because such conditions affect the longevity of the treatment. Heavy smokers and diabetics are all at greater risk for a variant of gum disease that affects implants increasing the chance of long-term failures.
How to care for Dental Implants?
If taken proper care, dental implants can last up to a lifetime. They need to have cared for your real teeth which include brushing, flossing, rinsing, using antibacterial mouthwash and visiting the dentist regularly for their check-up.
How successful are Dental Implants?
The success rate of implants depends on the oral health of the patient and also on the jaws they are placed in. In general dental implants have really good reviews and massive success rates up to 98%. To get implants under expert surveillance that last a lifetime, seek help from the experienced doctors at the Raga Dental Center.