Periodontics is a special form of dentistry that deals with gums and other supporting structures of the teeth and their various problems. The main problem includes periodontitis or gum disease. There are several treatment measures for curing the gum diseases and all of them are included within periodontics. At Raga Dental Center, you will experience the best dental care you can ever imagine.
What Problems Can Periodontics Treat?
The several problems that are treated by periodontics are explained below:
- Aggressive Periodontitis: This is a type of periodontitis or gum disease which usually starts developing at a very early age. It progresses very rapidly and often leads to losing a tooth.
- Chronic Periodontitis: This is the most commonly seen type of periodontitis. This type usually occurs in adults but in some cases children are affected too. Deterioration is caused slowly by the buildup of plaque. The conditions gets worse and worse as time passes and spreads through the gum and eventually destroys the bone. When conditions become severe, you may even have to lose a tooth.
- Necrotizing Periodontitis: In this type, the tissue of the gums eventually dies. There is a severe lack of blood supply which eventually leads to the necrosis of bones and ligaments. This ultimately leads to a very bad infection.
What are the Various Form of Treatment Included Under Periodontics?
At Raga Dental Center, you will get several forms of treatment to treat your periodontitis. Some of them are explained below:
- Laser Flap Surgery: In this technique, laser beam is applied to the affected gum and thus the inflamed portion of the gum is removed. Any plaque build up that develops is also removed and scraping of the root is done. The root of the tooth is smoothened so that no more bacteria are attracted to it. After that the healing process starts and the area present between the root and the gum regenerates.
- Bone Grafting: Bone grafting is another of the methods that falls under periodontics. This process is undertaken when the bone in your gums has been completely destroyed. The bone used in this process of grafting is not always the bone from your own body. It might also be donated or synthetic as well. This grafting method will prevent you from losing your tooth and at the same time help in new bone growth by serving as a platform.
- Soft Tissue Grafts: These grafts are used when your gum tissue is damaged leading to a receded gum line. A small portion of tissue is taken from a donor or from your own mouth and then that tissue is attached to the site where tissue was lost. This will give you a pleasing appearance and Raga Dental Center is an expert in this.
So, if you have any of the gum problems, its time that you stop thinking about them and do something. And the first step that you should take is to book your appointment at Raga and after that everything will be done by our professionals.